Budget and Governance
Campaign contributions from individuals or organizations are an important factor in election to public office and the passage of propositions. We believe that:
- information on campaign contributions should be gathered, and full disclosure of them made to the public, prior to elections.
- the total amount spent in election campaigns should be limited.
- campaigns should be financed from public funds.
Taxation and Budgeting
FCLCA favors a taxation policy that encourages an equitable tax burden and progressive taxes. We support measures to
- change the 2/3rds vote that is needed to approve the annual budget or to raise taxes to a majority vote;
- reduce the ability of propositions to mandate spending from the general fund without allocating or creating specific sources of revenue;
- progressively tax all income