When one tugs at a single thing in nature he finds it is attached to the rest of the world.”
Friends Committee on Legislation of California affirms that the Quaker values of truth, justice, social health and peace are fundamentally linked to and connected to our relationship with the earth.
We envision a society that
- is fueled by 100% renewable resources;
- creates no toxic substances and no "waste;"
- revitalizes and regenerates the health of the earth's living systems;
- ensures quality of life for all beings; and
- ensures that all people can be full environmental stewards and participate in public environmental decisionmaking, regardless of economic or geographic condition.